The second cycle degree program in Translation and Interpreting is structured to provide advanced skills in conference, negotiation and specialized translation interpreting.
The goal of the second-cycle diploma course for linguistic mediators is to ensure thorough information on the principles of interpretation and/or translation.
The master's degree program includes:
- as well as the above mentioned, an in-depth study of the principles of interpreting and/or translation
- activities dedicated to the refinement of competence in Italian and/or other languages of study
- activities dedicated to the acquisition of specific interpretation/translation techniques of the chosen curriculum
- activities dedicated to the acquisition of documentation techniques, editing, editing and revision of texts.
Graduates will also be able to apply this knowledge to the practice of interpretation and / or translation, for which they will have developed skills.
- Specific Objectives
Graduates in LM-94 master's degree courses acquire:
- advanced linguistic skills aimed at interpreting (negotiation, conference, community or other advanced forms) and / or translation both regarding verbal and media communication by means of natural languages, and possibly regarding sign languages.
- thorough preparation in the theory and techniques of interpreting (consecutive, simultaneous and dialogic) and / or translation
- ability to critically use the tools essential to the profession of interpreter and / or translator (software, IT aides, document sources, and other tools and resources)
- ability to use traditional and computerized research and documentation tools
- in-depth knowledge of the functioning of linguistic, theoretical and applicative systems
- thorough knowledge of the languages of study
- in-depth knowledge of sectoral languages, also with regard to the world of publishing
- Transversal non-disciplinary skills essential to making outgoing profiles capable of:
- operating and interacting in multilingual and multicultural work contexts and in a collaborative way;
- keeping up to date in the field of interpretation and/or translation;
- developing planning skills in the field of entrepreneurship of linguistic services.
We intend to train linguistic mediators specialized in translation and/or interpreting who know how to combine a high level of professional preparation with adequate knowledge of the working reality and the international cultural reality.